1841 Yandilla Station formed. NE corner of Yandilla included Turallin (forming boundary with Western Creek)
1848 James Laidlaw takes up Western Creek Station –
1849 Captain Vignolles settled at Western Creek
1860’s Parts of Yandilla, including Turallin area, resumed by Govt and made available for settlement.
1871 1/7/71 Post Office first established at Western Creek, transferred to Pine Creek 1888
1873 “Glenferrie” originally part of Yandilla acquired by Frederick Struver.
1876 Crown Alienation Act of 1876 allowed closer settlement to take place
1879 Ref. in The Brisbane Courier in 1929 that Glenferrie Shearing Shed was built 40 yrs ago ie 1879
1880 More of Yandilla resumed and a large area (Turallin) disposed of by auction.
1881 Edward Walpole establishes general store at Back Creek
1884 Seeds of the town of Millmerran were sown
1887 5/12/87 Public Meeting Turallin to open Provisional School at Pine Creek
1887 31/12/87 Post Office closed at Western Creek & moved to Pine Creek
1887 Western Creek ceased to carry sheep
1888 1/1/88 4/9/88 PO transfers from Western Creek (established at homestead 1871) to residence of
Mrs J. Bacon in developing Turallin.
1888 Pine Creek provisional school opens one mile from township – no. students in early photo 18
1880’s mid-1880's Sawmills: earliest at Five Mile near Stonehenge operated until 1890’s, Mills at Punches
Creek, Bora Creek, Western Creek and near Turallin, at Ferndale.
1889 1/6/89Walpole appointed Postmaster when the Receiving Office was elevated to Post Office and name
changed to Domville. Served as Postmaster until 1913
1889 May 89 Turallin surveyed by Mr F H Blennerhassett into 40 allotments. Streets named.
1889 12 June The plan of survey for Town of Turallin lodged by surveyor.
1890/92 Floods in district.
1894 16/11/94 Post Office changed from Domville to Millmerran.
1899 5/7/99 Telephone Office opens at Millmerran – to and fro Leyburn.
Early 1900 Cheese factory – 3 miles out of M’ran on Captain's Mountain road and close to Shire dam known as
1904 Pine Creek becomes Turallin
1904 Pine Creek School to Turallin school name change
1904 James Moloney, Storekeeper, Butcher was Postmaster.
1908 Application to move Pine Creek School into Turallin township
1908 Telegraph Office working to Leyburn installed (Mrs E. McDonald 24 yrs service as Post Mistress;
1911 12/4/11 Date railway petition began and letter to Minister Railways re extension of rail line sent in August
1911 26/6/11 Report on Timber SW Millmerran (Clontarf & Kooroongarra Railway Leagues)
1911 3/8/11 Letter to MLA requesting deputation from Turallin re railway
1911 10/8/11 Minutes of meeting with Minister re railway
1911 October Millmerran Rail line opens
1912 Application for new school building approved
1912 Population of Millmerran district about 600
1913 April New school building completed and school relocated to Turallin township on Portion 7.
(Miss A M Smith teacher)
1913 Jondaryan Division Board divided in 1913 into three sections: Jondaryan, Pittsworth and Millmerran.
Shire of Millmerran was constituted by proclamation. (Population estimate: 1450 covering 861,440 acres).
1913 Walpole ceases as Postmaster. E. Moloney is listed as Post Office 1/11/13.
1914 1/9/14 James Bacon, Storekeeper becomes Turallin Postmaster (just after begin of WW1)
1914 Turallin school 25 pupils
1914 Jondaryan Division Board (before being divided in 1913 into three sections: Jondaryan, Pittsworth
1921 Population Millmerran area 1965
1924 29/1/24 Report on the Golder bore sunk ½ mile east Turallin
1929 18/11 Shearing shed burns at Glenferrie. Refs to owners, value, age (built 40 yrs ago – 1879) “best built in
area”. Other property saved by volunteers from Turallin township
1940 Turallin still a township, 7 or 8 homes, store, school, Church of England and Post Offie still there but hotel gone. 1973 31/1/73 Turallin Post Office closes (in 1980 2 mail runs per week to Turallin – Mail service no 73)